What's For Dinner




Even though I am under the weather, I want to prepare a nice Sunday dinner for the family. Between soccer, Cub Scouts, work, and now baseball, we have not had any time to sit down as a family for dinner. You know drill, right? During the week, and even on Saturdays, we are pulled in all different direction, so I have decided this virus is not taking me down! I am making a nice dinner! We will all sit down together as a family and enjoy!

My go-to easy dinner is roasted chicken. It is amazing when cooked correctly how succulent and moist the chicken can be. My secret to the perfectly cooked chicken is my BonJour Meat Thermometer. The pop up “timers” that come already in the chicken do not work form me. The chicken always comes out dried and crumbly. But with a meat thermometer it comes out perfectly every time. When a chicken is taken out of the oven, it still continues to cook, so I always pull the chicken out of the oven when it has five degrees left to go. This helps me make sure it’s never overdone.



I season my chicken differently each time. I just drizzle olive oil on the chicken and then sprinkle with the seasoning of choice. Today, for the ease of it, I am using Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning. It is a great all-in-one mix of spices and I love the grinder. But you can season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and it would be delicious as well.   I normally cook the chicken at whatever temperature the side dish is being cooked at.










The side I am preparing is Bon Appétit Mini Herbed Pommes Anna. The boys love roasted potatoes, actually it is the only type of potato that they will eat. I still think that it’s odd, what types of kids, or adults for that matter, don’t like mashed potatoes. Everyone loves mashed potatoes. Anyways, I think this is a nice twist on roasted potatoes.

What is your favorite family dinner?


No comments