Fluffy Pancakes- Gluten Free






The perfect Saturday morning for me starts with pancakes and bacon. Who could argue with that? Nothing like fluffy cakes smothered with butter and syrup and the kids love them too! There is no fighting with them about eating their meal. Most parents can relate to that, right?

Weekday breakfasts are always rushed, as I have to be out the door at 6:45. Breakfasts are quickly thrown at the boys and I sound like a broken record, repeatedly telling them to stop fooling around and eat. But on weekends it is much more relaxed and I can take time to make a big breakfast, usually with the boys enthusiastically helping. They love to help bake and cook.

It has taken me a while, but I have finally perfected a gluten free pancake recipe. They are light and fluffy and incredibly tasty. I have adapted it from King Arthurs “The Simple But Perfect Pancakes.” Here is the recipe.

Gluten Free Pancakes

2 eggs
1 ¼ cups of milk
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 ½ cups of Cup 4 Cup flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 tablespoons of confectioners sugar

Wisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla until foamy, then stir in oil. Sift in flour, baking powder and confectioners sugar and combine.

Heat skillet on low heat (I cook on low heat as it insures that even the middle gets cooked. Nothing worse then nice brown pancakes with a doughy middle, blah.) Drop around a ¼ cup of batter onto skillet (I love using my Starbucks coffee scoop to do this. It is the perfect size and is great for cookies too.) Once the top starts to bubble flip over and cook until brown and serve.


What’s your favorite weekend breakfast?

No comments