Best Medicine




Last weekend all three of my guys were sick; not just “I’ve got a cold” sick, more of the incapacitating flu sick. They were completely bedridden and slept most of the weekend. Even my mom ended up with it.

I thought I had lucked out. Should have know better, right? All this week I had been feeling fine, took my vitamins, and thought I was in the clear … then yesterday it hit me. It felt like I was run over by an eighteen-wheeler.  Luckily, it did not come on until late in the afternoon so I only had to suffer at work for a few hours.

This post is not to complain about how I feel; rather, I figured I would share what I’ll have at my bedside while I am laid up. Even when sick, I am not one of those people that can sleep the day away, so a book and some magazines are always important. Lucky for me, my Glamour magazine and Everyday with Rachel Ray both came in the mail yesterday. It’s like the mailman knew I needed them!

I love to read and always have books on-hand. So I pulled out The Last Time I Saw Paris by Lynn Sheene- it’s a period piece set during WWII. From the description on the jacket, it sounds like it has everything in it- Espionage, romance, suspense…  Cannot wait to curl up with it! I will have to fill you in on how I liked it.

Because I am a Type A personality, my mind is constantly running  -even at night while I lying in bed.  My mind runs through the day, going over what I did and what I should have done differently, then it shifts to what is in store for me the next day. On my nightstand, I have one of my favorite things for relaxation, Thisworks Deep Sleep Pillow Spray. Infused with Lavender, Vetivert, and Wild Camomile, one sniff of this tranquil scent helps my mind calm down and my body relax.

Like with any cold, you’ve got to stay hydrated, so I will also have a big glass of water by me. I use my fancy, rose gold tumbler from Starbucks always cheers me up. Cannot find the rose gold one on line, but here is the link to the champagne colored one.


What are your favorite comforts when you are under the weather? Any suggested reads?

No comments