Voluptuous Buns…




It’s not what you think… I’m talking about hair! I have always been envious of those girls with long, thick hair that they pile on top of their heads and create the most exquisite buns.

Needless to say, I do not have that type of hair. My hair is thick, but fine. Sound like it is the opposite of each other but, while I have a lot of hair it is fine and tends to slip out of whatever style I have it in. It takes a can of hairspray just to keep curls in it past noontime! That is why, 90% of the time, I wear it straight and down.

I’ve tried the whole sock bun thing, but hair escapes and you can always see part of the sock peeking out.  Who wants to actually see socks on people’s heads? It’s really not appealing.

The Conair Hair Bun Maker System  is the answer to my prayers. I don’t even need bobby pins to hold it in place; I do like the look of a looser bun. If you want a more tailored bun, you will probably need a few pins.

The bun form reminds me of those plastic scrubbing sponges. I wish I could think of a better way to describe it, but you know what I mean right? It sounds like an odd texture; however, it grips my hair and holds it in place.  I use some dry shampoo in my hair to give it some texture to help with holding it in place.


I know during the hot summer months, when I want to get my hair off the back of my neck, I will be styling my hair with a bun. What about you?

No comments