Movie Night


I’m a homebody.  While there is the occasional inclination to go out, I prefer to sit around in my PJ’s and relax with my family. Sounds glamorous right? We have developed a family movie night as a way to spend some time unwinding from the week.  

This weekend is especially memorable because we are having my parents and my aunt over for it. It was my Mom and my Aunt’s Birthday last week; however, as I was sick, so we never had a chance to celebrate.

In case you haven’t heard, Frozen was released on DVD this week. My Mom has wanted to see it, so I figured I would incorporate her birthday celebration with movie night. For something different, I found some special salty and sweet popcorn recipes…  this way it covers all cravings and if you want salty-sweet and can mix it together.

I also served some of our favorite candy along with the popcorn.


Toffee Popcorn

2 bags of microwaveable popcorn (popped)
1 Stick of butter
1 1/8 cup of light brown sugar
1/3 cups of light corn syrup
1 Tsp of vanilla extract
½ tsp of baking soda
1 cup peanuts
Preheat oven to 250F. Mix popcorn and peanuts in a bowl and remove as many un-popped cornels as possible. In a medium saucepan melt butter. Add sugar and corn syrup and bring to a boil stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda. Stir into popcorn and peanuts. Spread mixture onto parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 1 hour. Cool for 25 minutes and then break into pieces.


Parmesan Ranch Popcorn

1 bag of unsalted popcorn (popped)
1 package of ranch mix (Hidden valley is gluten free)
1/2 cup of canola oil
2 cups of gluten free pretzels
½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
In microwaveable bowl combine Ranch mix and oil. Add popcorn and pretzels and then microwave for 2 minutes. Added cheese and serve.



What's your favorite hanging in activity? 






No comments