Spinach Artichoke Dip



I think everyone and every restaurant has a version of this recipe. I remember the first time I had this, my best friend and I decided to grab a burger after work and headed to Houlihan’s, which is a chain in NJ. We decided to start off with this appetizer. It was delicious and since then, I have searched for the perfect recipe. I have finally developed the perfect one a few years ago and it is a constant request from friends and family.  It is perfectly rich and creamy. Every time a put it out it is scoffed down in minutes. I have learned to make a little serving in a ramekin for myself just so I get a chance to indulge.


I was making it for a bridal shower I was attending and thought I would share. With the upcoming holidays, it is the perfect starter and it is gluten free!!!










Spinach Articoke Dip

Ingredients
  • 2 10oz bags of frozen chopped spinach, thawed
  • 1 15oz can of Artichoke hearts
  • 2 Blocks of 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups Sour cream
  • 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella cheese
  • 2/3 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 3 Roasted garlic cloves, chopped
  • Pinch Pepper
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
  2. Drain and squeeze excess liquid from spinach.
  3. Drain and chop Artichoke hearts.
  4. Combine spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, sour cream, 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese, 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese, and garlic.
  5. In a greased 9X12 casserole dish spread mixed evenly.
  6. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
  7. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with corn chips or crackers.

4 comments

  1. I love spinach dips. I am totally making this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! My sister and I call this crack dip because we literally cannot get enough of it whenever she makes it. I'm eternally grateful to whoever thought of the spinach-artichoke combo :)

    ReplyDelete