I think everyone and every restaurant has a version of this recipe. I remember the first time I had this, my best friend and I decided to grab a burger after work and headed to Houlihan’s, which is a chain in NJ. We decided to start off with this appetizer. It was delicious and since then, I have searched for the perfect recipe. I have finally developed the perfect one a few years ago and it is a constant request from friends and family. It is perfectly rich and creamy. Every time a put it out it is scoffed down in minutes. I have learned to make a little serving in a ramekin for myself just so I get a chance to indulge.
I was making it for a bridal shower I was attending and thought I would share. With the upcoming holidays, it is the perfect starter and it is gluten free!!!
Spinach Articoke Dip
- 2 10oz bags of frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 15oz can of Artichoke hearts
- 2 Blocks of 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Sour cream
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 Roasted garlic cloves, chopped
- Pinch Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Drain and squeeze excess liquid from spinach.
- Drain and chop Artichoke hearts.
- Combine spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, sour cream, 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese, 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese, and garlic.
- In a greased 9X12 casserole dish spread mixed evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with corn chips or crackers.