Getting Organized….








Does anyone else become overwhelmed managing family and work? It seems like I am the most scatterbrained person in the world and it is not because of my blonde hair - Although that can be the excuse for many other things I do.  I am constantly feeling like I am running in circles and getting nowhere.

I have decided that I have had enough and this is the year! My goal this year is to get organized in many aspects of my life.  So I am starting with coming up with a plan to keep track of all the appointments and activities so things do not sneak up on me. For example a month ago, I received a call from my husband to remind me that my oldest had an appointment in 10 minutes. It was a 20 minute drive and I cannot stand being late. Usually, I show up 30 minutes early to places just to be on time.

My phone may seem ideal, but I have tried keeping track of all the appointments and activities, but find that I never get a chance to go into my phone to review the calendar while at work. Even when I set reminders, I tend to dismiss them right away because I am in the middle of something else and as they say, out of sight, out of mind.

I have deicide I am going back the old-school way of doing things.  I am pulling out my paper planner. Are you techies cringing? A few years ago, I had purchased the Staples’s Arc System. I have the smaller, weekly planner version as it is easier to throw in my bag. It is also the perfect size to keep open on my desk and my kitchen island without taking up to much room.  It’s nice to be able on a Sunday evening to look over the week all on one page.

My planner setup also has a section for each child, a to-do list and a note section that I can jot down ideas and thoughts as I think of them. 

How do you organize you schedules? Input on ideas is always welcome!!!


No comments