Crushing on Coral….







As I sit here typing, I imagine hearing the birds chirping outside my bedroom window as the sun comes up. However, that is not reality I look out the window at a foot of snow and the icicles dripping down creating a hazard on my deck.

Come to think of it I haven’t even seen the typical winter birds. I think with all this dismal weather the cardinals and chickadees have flown south.  Normally, they are antagonizing my cat outside the picture window. Now this is quite entertaining to watch and I will need to try and record it next time it happens. 

Anyways I kind of went off topic (I do this quite often and it drives my husband crazy). But I think it is part of my charm, right? Let’s rein me back in. It anyone ready for spring?  I certainly am. I am really crushing on coral for the spring.  So I have added some coral lips to my makeup to try and brighten this grey winter.

On of my favorite products is Chanel Levres Scintillantes Glossimer  in Murmure. This came out in their spring collection. In the tube it looks like a deep coral, but when on the lips is sheerer and provides a nice tint to the lips. I was looking for something to go under gloss to give my lips more panache. I looked at the complementary Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick in Triomphe, but on my typically dry lips it appeared very chalky.

I ended up purchasing the Urban Decay 24-7 Glide on Lip Pencil  in Streak to go under the gloss. Urban decays lip pencils have the most luxurious feel to them. I used to think that lip pencils were drying, but urban decay has proved me wrong. They have a very creamy texture. Streak is a bright coral that looks great alone or underneath Chanel’s Glossimer.

I also love CoverGirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in coral twist. It has great pigmentation and is bright without being “in your face.”  I actually have a few of these in different colors and  love them all. Especially for the winter, they are great to throw on to add some color and they have the protection of a lip balm. I love when a product does double duty!!!

What spring colors are you looking forward to wearing?





No comments