Winter Essentials


With the up-coming snow… yup, another foot of the “glorious” white stuff expected tomorrow. And by glorious I mean obnoxious. Twelve inches of the white flakes fell last Wednesday and we are getting hit again. On top of the all the snowfall, the temperatures have been well below average. It was negative 6 driving in to work this morning. Even through my car warmed up, my toes never did. Even my boys are done this season. It’s too cold to even play in the snow and I am hoping that we all survive until spring without going stir crazy!!

So I figured with all the frigid weather I would talk some of my must haves for my dehydrated skin.

1.     Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream  - This product gets a lot of hype about being a miracle cream. I actually am not part of the hype. I find it too greasy and thick to put all over my face or hands. What I love to use this for is when the boys and I are sick (aren’t the germs that kids pick up at school great!) and we have blown our noses about a thousand times a day. I put this on the cracked red skin and it immediately soothes and softens the skin. I put it on right before bed and when I wake up in the morning my nose looks like it was never abused the day before.

2.     Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub – I love this lip scrub. It is wonderful at sloughing off dead skin and leaves your lips soft. You can get the same results from combining 1 TBSP of Brown Sugar and 1 TBSP of honey; however, the reason I am addicted is because it smells and tastes exactly like my favorite indulgence, Starbucks Peppermint Mocha. So even after Starbucks has taken the drink off their menu for the spring and summer I still can enjoy a little slice of heaven. 

3.     Aura Cacia Argan Oil - This is a great multi-use product. There are so many different brands, but I usually purchase the Aura Cacia as they carry it in drugstores and supermarkets, which makes it assessable and it is one of the least expensive option. This is great to use on the ends of my hair when they start getting dried out. I can also use it on dry patches of my face and it doesn’t cause me to break out.

4.     Clinque Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief -My face is normally very oily. Using the wrong product and it looks like my face has collided with an oil tanker. Not very pretty.  However, during the winter, I do have some dry spots on my face, especially my cheeks and under my nose. I believe the culprits for my dry skin are the dry heat in my house and car and then the slam of cold from the outside.  I have found this moisturizer hydrates my dry spots and does not turn the rest of my face into an oil slick

5.     L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream By far the best hand cream ever!!! It does not leave your hands greasy - I can actually twist the door handle after putting it on!!! Does anyone else have the problem of your hands being so greasy that you can’t grip the door handle? On top of it, my skin feels so amazing and soft. I like to put it on at night and in the morning my hands have been replenished.

What are your favorite winter products?



No comments