80’s Love



So there is not much I love about the eighties, except for the music.  I certainty do not miss all the neon and big hair, but when I think about the music I think Madonna, Cindy Lauper, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard…. I could keep going. I think everyone has some favorite 80’s artists. What’s the artist or song you miss most?

I have a place in my heart for Soft Cell’s Tainted Love… My husband and I used to joke that it was our song. Yeah we’re a little quirky, but that’s ok right?  For the longest time it was the ring tone on my phone for my husband. So when I saw Tokyomilk Dark Tainted Love Eau De Parfum, I had to have it.

Now, I know you are not supposed to purchase perfume online. Normally, I would go to the mall, spray some on and then walked around the mall to see how it translates with my body’s chemicals. Unfortunately, Sephora did not carry this in a store by me, so I held my breath and made the online purchase.

I could not be more pleased! It is the perfect warm, winter scent. The keynotes are dark vanilla bean, orchid, white tea and sandalwood. It has a very unique scent and I love the modern, simple lines of the bottle. (We all know how important packaging is.)

I’m not usually a huge fan of vanilla, and I really do try and stay away from those scents. Doesn’t matter if it is a perfume, lotion or a candle, the smell of vanilla makes me want to bake a batch of cookies and proceed to eat all of them (this can be very dangerous)!!!! Luckily, while there is a touch of vanilla, the sandalwood does a nice job of countering the sweetness.

The longevity of the perfume is great as well. I put it on in the morning, (I leave the house at 6:45 AM) and by 5:00 in the evening I can still smell it lingering on my wrists.


Tainted Love is now my signature winter scent. What’s yours?

No comments