Knitting





I love knitting. I find it very therapeutic and when I am finished I feel a sense of accomplishment.  I just started knitting 2 years ago; so by no means am I an expert, but I figured I would share projects I have completed and the patterns I use. 

I do make a lot of scarves and cowls, as they are a great way to get a grasp in basic techniques. Every time I finish a project, my husband sighs with exasperation that I have completed yet another scarf. I just smile back and tell him, I’m not the one who will be freezing this winter. At some point, I will have to start giving them away or we will have to put on an addition on just to house them all! I figure they will start making great Christmas and birthday gifts.

Here are some photos of the cowl I just completed. I love the lace design and it was a great way to learn different stiches. YouTube is a great resource to watch how to complete a certain type of stiches. 

The pattern which is called New Bittersweet Cowl by Megan Goodarce I downloaded from Ravelry.  My boarder is a little different from the pattern. This is a great site with resources and patterns. There are so many free patterns I will be busy for years to come….

No comments