Staying in Saturday Night


There is nothing better than big mug of hot cocoa on a cold rainy dark night. Well maybe for us adults sneaking a little peppermint schnapps into the mug might be better.

Well tonight is one of those nights. We haven’t reach the winter solstice yet which means the days are
getting darker. I don’t know about you but in the winter once it is dark out I do not go anywhere. I get
home from work, throw on my pajamas and settle down. I am such a homebody. I love being with
friends but in the winter I want them to come over my place rather than having to go out. Anyone else?

Tonight the classic Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer is on. I am going to do one of my favorite thing,
cozying up with my kids and knitting with the Christmas lights on and snuggled under a quilt. The only thing that needs to be added is a steaming hot cup of cocoa!

The hot chocolate packets serve their purpose but tonight I wanted to do something a little more
special. While I have indulged in eating some homemade marshmallows I have never made any. My 13year old has been wanting to become more involved in the kitchen. YAY!!! (Seeing my husband doesn’t cook it would be nice to have some help in that area.)

I thought that making marshmallows and hot cocoa would be a fun mom and son thing to do on
Saturday and we ended up with a great treat to end the day.


Linked below are the recipes I used for the Marshmallow and hot cocoa:

Marshmallows: https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/homemade-marshmallows-recipe

Hot Cocoa: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/20211/creamy-hot-cocoa/

No comments