10 Christmas Moments to Spend with Family





Every Christmas I overestimate what I can accomplish and over extend myself. EVERY SINGLE YEAR! We are only 10 days into December and the stress of making Christmas perfect has hit. I wanted to make personal gifts for everyone, take my boys everywhere festive and basically do everything. It so unrealistic I wonder how I convince myself every year that it is possible. I am done! My boys are growing so quickly and soon they will not want to spend time with me. I need to take a step back. 
With two boys, a husband (who could be considered a third boy), and going back to work full time, I want to enjoy every minute spent with my family rather than fretting over how I am going to do it all. 

So with two more weeks to go I have decided to make a to-do lists for moments to spend with my family with my family: 

1. Watch a Muppets Christmas Carol at night with just the tree lights on
2. Make mulled apple cider (Jake’s favorite)  
3. Buy premium Dark chocolate and make hot chocolate with fresh whip cream
4. Have an appetizer dinner (Ryan’s favorite) and sing Christmas carols 
5. Making my Grandmother’s date balls with my boys  so there is a little bit of her with us this season
6. Brunch with my best girlfriends (Nothing like mimosa’s and Bloody Mary’s with the girls on a Sunday morning)  
7. A cheese and wine dinner date with the hubbie followed by a cribbage tournament  
8. Make Eggnog (I’m going to try this recipe:https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/eggnog/ )
9. Bake homemade Gingerbread Cake with caramel sauce (my husband’ favorite)  
10. Continuing my husband and my Christmas Eve tradition of opening a bottle of wine and watching the George C Scotts version of a Christmas Carol. 

Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukah or any other holiday this season I hope you all find a little peace and quiet to enjoy with your loved ones.



No comments