Give Me Some Lip

Follow my blog with Bloglovin




There’s nothing like the bleak, bitter winter to bring out chapped lips. My lips are customarily like sandpaper- cracked and painful. However, this year, I seemed to have found a foolproof   strategy to keep them soft and supple. This has been no easy feat thanks to that heinous Polar Vortex. I seriously cannot think of a frostier winter. There are mornings I head out the door and am hit with a wall of glacial air. It has been not fun. I have been spending a great deal of time on pampering my lips. I have been depending on these five products to safeguard my lips this time of year.

Clarins "Extra Firming" Lip and Contour Balm ($38.00) – This product is very thick, almost a Vaseline consistency, that creates a great barrier on your lips keeping the moisture in. It is unscented which is nice, as I do not like heavily perfumed products on my lips. As far as the “extra firming” part I have not notice any firming results. It is on the pricier side but I purchased it over a year ago and use it morning and night and I still have ½ of the jar left.

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine  ($34.00) – Another pricey item, but this is my go-to lipstick for the winter months.  It has great pigmentation, yet has a balmy texture to it. It keeps my lips saturated while providing me with some color too. My favorite color is #2 Pourpre In Touchable. While it is described as a purple, on me the color morphs into a pretty mix of burgundy and berry. 

Dior Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm (S27.00) – I  just purchased this product a few months ago and  still trying to decide if it is worth the price tag. I adore the smell of the product. It makes me feel like I am walking through an English rose garden and the texture is velvety. It definitely does the job. My beef with it is I use it only at night and I am already half way through the pot … and  I have only had it since November! It is undeniably a nice product, but for the price I wish it lasted a bit longer.

Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm  ($3.29) – I always have one or two... wait, who am I kidding?  I have no less than 5 tubes of this stuff in my purse at one time. I love it, my husband loves it and my children love it. This is what I use during the day under my lipstick. It has a nice menthol tingle to it when you first apply it and it positively protects your lips from the cold harsh air. 

Rosebud Perfume Co. Minted Rose Lip Balm  (5.59) –It’s great at saturating my lips and provides the minty tingle that I love. I keep a tin of this at my desk I also love this as a cuticle treatment and it softens scaly elbows and knees. This is a great multi-purpose product.


I hope this post is helpful for those of you fighting the winter cold, which is most of the country this year!!! Hopefully spring is around the corner.

No comments