Balela what???

Follow my blog with Bloglovin




So I trekked over to Trade Joe’s the other day to wander around. Yes, I like to go to Trader Joe’s just to walk up and down the aisles and see what they have. Sounds crazy doesn’t it? Anyways, I was looking for an easy grab-and-go lunch to bring to work and came across a container of Balela in the pre-made salad section. It is a cold chickpea salad from the Middle East.  I glanced at the serving size, which was 4 servings per container. Great!!! That will be 4 lunches, right? Wrong, I devoured the whole darn thing in one sitting; it was heavenly. When I started looking at the ingredients, I realized I could make that. So here’s my own recipe for Balela.


2 cans of Chick Peas, drained and rinsed
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
¼ cup of diced red onions
1 diced tomato (I used On the Vine tomatoes)
¼ cup of minced parsley
1 Tbsp of minced mint
3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
3 Tbsp of White Vinegar


Combined all ingredients in a bowl and it is ready to serve!!!!

No comments