Everything is Coming Up Roses







I don’t know if it is because of all the snow and I am impatiently waiting for Spring, but I have been addicted to rose scented items recently.  It seems that I cannot get enough! Which is bizarre because I have never been partial the to the aroma of roses. 

Growing up my Mémère had rose bushes all around her house.  As beautiful as they were, to me they smelled like carrots. I can’t be the only one that thinks this, am I? Now my Mémère  lilac bushes are a completely different story. My mom had transplanted part of the bush from my Mémère ’s house right under the dining room window in at the house I grew up in. In the spring the scent would waif through the house. I would sit on my bed, close my eyes and daydream that I was in a Paris Jardin eating pastries.  My daydreams haven't changed much except now wine and cheese is included! Although I did have the opportunity a few years ago to fulfill that dream in the Jardin de Tuileries. Now that I have digressed, let me get back on track.  


Lately I love rose scented product. It must be the combination of it with other fragrances that are so alluring. 

Here are some of my favorites: 

The Body Shop’s Atlas Mountain Rose scent. I love this so much that I have the body butter, fragrance mist and perfume oil. I love slathering the butter on at night, spraying myself with the mist and crawling into bed. The scent just lingers and I find this relaxing. 

Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet has been the fragrance of choice for me lately. Not really a winter scent, but the mix of floral notes (peony and rose) with the white musk and orange essence has been alluring me in every day. It has become my favorite. 

My hands have been grateful for the L’Occitane Rose Petals Shea Butter Hand Cream. This seems to be discontinued, which is really upsetting. I really love that it has the hard working formula of the original Shea butter but it has the light scent of roses that works so well to complement the Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet rather then clashing with it. Nothing worse then heavily perfumed hand creams that overpower your perfume. 

Another Dior product (I do have an odd obsession with Dior) is the Dior Crème de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm. I have used this religiously through two winters and have not had to deal with dries cracked lips.  

Looking for something cooling and refreshing?  Fresh Rose Face Mask  is for you. The gel like formula is soothing and  it is super hydrating for these winter months. The scent is a beautiful bouquet of rose and cucumber. It is the perfect combination. 

The last product is not rose scent, but is a beautiful rose color. CHANEL JOUES CONTRASTE POWDER BLUSH in Rose Bronze. It is the perfect color to bright up my pale winter completion and the bronze add a bit of a summer kiss to my makeup look. 

What scents are you drawn to as we are deep into the cold winter season? 





No comments