Pasta Cravings



Boy what a winter! I don’t know about everyone else here in the Northeast, but I am ready to pack up my bags and head south, preferably to a Caribbean Island to spend the rest of my life lying on the beach and eating fruit all day. Ah one can dream.

Already in my area of Massachusetts we have seen over 90 inches of snow this winter. And if that isn’t bad enough there is another 10-12 inches heading our way later today.

The boys are finished with the snow days. They can’t play in it. I would end up losing the little one as the snow is taller than he is and I don’t particularly want to dig him out. He would have to stay there until it melts, which may take until the July the way things are going.  

Even the puppy has cabin fever. Lego has a plowed path way to run up and down, but I cannot even walk him as the sidewalks are clear and the roads are plow so narrow that only one and a half cars can squeeze by. My walking companion and I would be taken out in a second by some unsuspecting car that cannot see over the snow banks. The word banks is used lightly. They resemble more the Wall from Game of Thrones.

Anyways with all this snow and cold, it’s nice to have a big bowl of pasta, but as I promised myself that I would eat healthier this year, pasta is off my diet. Even the Gluten Free pasta is load with carbs from rice and corn.  But I have found a solution to my pasta problem.

I’m probably one of the last to discover the Spiralizer. However, I am in love. I have been using Zucchini (or Courgette depending where you are from) with it and making beautiful strands of vegetable spaghetti. The best part is that it takes minutes to cook.

My favorite way to eat it is with some sausage and beans with an olive oil, garlic sauce. Here is the recipe.

Sausage and Bean Veggie Pasta
1 Serving

1 Mild Italian Sausage Link
1/3 cups of Cannenelli Beans
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Zucchini
1 tbs of Olive Oil
2 Tbs of grated Parmesan Cheese 


Brown Sausage in Medium skillet. While the sausage is browning, chop garlic and run Zucchini through the spiralizer.  Once sausage is browned drain excess fat. Add remaining ingredients, except the cheese, to the pan and sauté until zucchini and beans are heated through. Sprinkle the cheese on and enjoy!



No comments