Nothing says “spring morning” like a steaming hot cup of coffee and a basket full of blueberry muffins. As a child, my Mémère had a blueberry bush in her backyard. It was always covered in cheese cloth so those pesky Grackles. My brothers and I would crawl underneath the cloth and grab a bunch of those plump juice berries oVnce they were ready to picked. We didn’t just do this with blueberries either, we would also go over to a friend’s house and pick wild black berries!
I cannot thin of anything better than fresh picked berries. They are always sweet and juicy. Unlike the tart berries you find in the grocery store that you need to add a pound of sugar to sweeten them up.
Sometimes I like to get up on a Saturday morning before the rest of the family stirs and bake of batch of blueberry muffins. When the kids bounce down the hall they are smell that fresh-baked scent and get very excited. As you can see from the picture I didn't even have time to take a picture on the basket of muffins. Oh well, I should be grateful they left me one.
Here is my favorite recipe for Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 cups & 1 Tablespoon Cup 4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cups Blueberries (preferably fresh but frozen works)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Lightly toss blueberries with 1 Tbsp of flour (this keeps the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the muffins)
- Cream butter and sugar until light in fluffy
- Added eggs one at a time
- Added baking powder and vanilla extract
- Added flour and milk alternating between them
- Gently fold in blueberries
- In a greased muffin tin add a large spoonful to each cup
- Bake for 30-40 minutes