Back at it again



Boy it has been awhile!!

 I cannot believe almost 4 years have past and all of the changes that have occurred since then. I have this week off and am sitting on my couch listening to Christmas music and postponing putting up the decorations. Don't get me wrong, I love the Christmas season and the decorations but I am slowing recovering from being under the weather this weekend and am feeling sluggish. I'm curled up with my fur baby under a wool afgan, sipping on my Chai Latte (will share the recipe in another post), and feverishly knitting away on my Christmas socks. The weather is not helping either. As I look out the window at the torrential rain and feel the chill down to my bones, I'm wishing the sun was out to perk up my dower mood and get me motivated to deck the halls.

Oh well maybe tomorrow. Procrastinating is one of my many talents 🙄 Maybe that is why I have been gone so long from here.

Although, I am making great progress on my gift knitting.  Normally I have not even started yet, however this year I jumped right in. I have completed a few hats. I love knitting hats. They are quick and easy, yet with the right pattern and yarn combination they can turn out luxurious. Better than anything you can find in the stores.

I actually just completed a hat for myself (still have that one for you; one for me mentality). At the beginning of November I had the opportunity to go to the New England Fiber Festival and had indulged in some Cormo yam from Foxhill Farm. Because of my budget I could not get the sweaters quantity I had dreamed about, however I picked up one skein. I new I wanted to make a hat out of it and I had been dying to knit the Kobuk by Caitlin Hunter. I found a stunning mauve skien of mohair and dove right in. I am thrilled with the completed project and find that it complements my newly dyed blond hair perfectly.  Plus I have enough of the Cormo yarn to make some fingerless mitts.

Now that I got that selfish knitting out of the way, it's time to gear back up and make some more gifts.

Anyone else making any handmade Holiday gifts?





No comments